Jeremy Lawrence, M.Sc.
After having conducted a research project and completed my Master’s thesis under Prof. Peters’ supervision, I am now continuing my academic journey by pursuing a Ph.D. in his group. So far my research has been conducted towards sound source localization of unknown sounds using only a single microphone. To achieve this seemingly impossible task we constructed a microphone which rotates at speeds of up to 42 rotations per second. My research focus will now shift to localization using microphone arrays.
- Sound Source Localization
- Spatial Audio Signal Processing
- Nov 2023 - Present: Ph.D. Student at International Audio Laboratories Erlangen
- Jun - Oct 2023: Research Assistant at Fraunhofer IIS
- Mar 2022 - Feb 2023: HiWi-Position at International Audio Laboratories Erlangen
- Project: Creating a multitrack dataset of piano concertos
- Task: Home recording of piano synchronized with a prerecorded orchestral track
- Oct 2020 - May 2023: M.Sc. in Advanced Signal Processing and Communications Engineering at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Research Project: Development and Evaluation of a Rotating Microphone
- M.Sc. Thesis: Sound Source Localization with the Rotating Equatorial Microphone (REM)
- Oct 2016 - Sep 2020: B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg