Prof. Dr. Nils Peters
International Audio Laboratories Erlangen
Am Wolfsmantel 33
- Audio signal processing with the Internet of Things
- Spatial audio signal processing
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Auditory perception and cognition
- Computational auditory scene analysis and machine perception
- Human-computer interaction
Current/Upcoming Events and News
- Call for Submissions: 1st International Workshop on tNetworked Immersive Audio in Pisa, submission deadline: July 31
- Call for summer school applications: Ferienakademie 2023: Distributed Acoustic Signal Processing - From Theory to Practice
- Call for Submissions: 4th International Symposium on the Internet of Sounds, submission deadline for papers and demos:
July 15 July 31
- Mar 2 2023: The FAU president visited our group
- Feb 14 2023: Workshop announcement Elements of Effective Tooling, 2022/2023 by Lorenz Schmidt
- Call for Submissions: 154th AES Convention, deadline:
Feb 3 and Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17 and Feb 24, 2023
- Nov 17 2022: PhD Researcher Lorenz Schmidt released torch-PESQ, a PESQ-inspired loss function for PyTorch
- Nov 16 2022: Student Chenxi Guo will defend her Master Thesis entitled "Anomalous Event Detection in Wireless Acoustic Sensor Networks"
- Nov 04 2022: PhD Researcher Lorenz Schmidt will present at the 2022 Workshop on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events
- Oct 13 2022: Prof. Nils Peters will give the plenary talk at the XIX Symposium of Novelties in Audio and Video Technology, Wrocław
- Sep 24 2022: Ünal Ege Gaznepoğlu will present our submission to the Voice Privacy Challenge 2022 at the Interspeech 2022 satellite symposium on Security and Privacy in Speech Communication
- Sep 07 2022: Student Jeremy Lawrence will present his work on the development and evaluation of the rotational equatorial microphone (REM) at the 17th International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement (IWAENC 2022) [poster]
- Sep 05 2022: Student Srivatsav Chenna will defend his Master Thesis entitled "Similarity Estimation of Audio Data in the Encrypted Domain" (in collaboration with the Chair of Applied Cryptography)
- Aug 12 2022: Student Beran Kilic will defend his Master Thesis entitled "Multi-Objective Optimization of Audio Processing NNs on Embedded Hardware" (in collaboration with the Department of Computer Science 12 (Hardware/Software Co-Design)
- Jul 01 2022: Anna Leschanowsky received the Siemens AG Master Thesis Award
- 1 new PhD reseach position available, details follow soon.
- Apr 14 2022: Student Anna Leschanowsky will defend her Master Thesis entitled "How does conversational privacy affect user perceptions and behavior?"
- Apr 13 2022: Student Gunika Vashisht will defend her Master Thesis entitled "Learnable Acoustic Frontends"
- Call for Submissions:
- Nov 18 2021: Student Nagshree K.S. Rao will present her research on the impact of audio coding artifacts on the classification accuracy of acoustic scenes at the Workshop on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events (DCASE 2021)
- Nov 10 2021: Student Anna Leschanowsky will present a qualitative study on privacy in human-machine interaction at the 1st ISCA Symposium on Security and Privacy in Speech Communication
- Nov 3 2021: Staff researcher members Lorenz Schmidt and Nils Werner host a training workshop "Elements of Effective Tooling" for incoming student researchers
- Nov 1 2021: Student researcher Anna Leschanowsky participates in the international symposium "Speech as Personal Identifiable Information", supported by FAU's Office for Gender & Divesity
- Oct 29 2021: Student Shahmeer Shahnawaz will defend his Master Thesis entitled "The Impact of Early Reflection Pattern Modifications on the Basic Audio Quality in Shoebox Rooms"
- Sep 6 2021: Student Ünal Ege Gaznepoğlu will present his work on voice anonymization at the Interspeech 2021 satellite workshop on Machine Learning in Speech and Language Processing (MLSLP 2021)