Lecture: Audio Decomposition¶
After working through the material of this lecture, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What is the general goal of source separation?
- What is the aim of harmonic–percussive separation? Which signal properties are exploited?
- What is the goal of melody separation?
- What is main idea of nonnegative matrix factorization? How can this technique be applied for audio decomposition?
- What is the musical interpretation of template and activation matrices?